But when I saw what Louise did with her similar Butterfly garden I knew I wanted to try that. So here is my version:
Mine doesn't have that lovely double type sashing that Louise's has, but these were the squares I had, so I went with it. While the quilting is pretty straightforward, the fact that it goes around in a curve means that on my domestic machine I still need to support the remainder of the quilt on my left as I go, which took just a little more organising (chair on the side etc).
The quilting shows up a little better on the back:
And here's a closer up of those squares:
I needed to include those and the piece of white sashing like the front as I didn't quite have sufficient fabric for the backing but I'm pleased I got to use up that pretty pae green and yellow/orange dots. The colours are a little more accurate on the closer up shot but I'm going to have to get working on taking better camera shots.
This is a reasonably quick baby quilt and I like the idea of the various ways of quilting. Might even try another and just do a basic stipple.
Well back to the next project - I'm having fun creating a library shelf quilt, but will show photos of that a little later. As usual there are also projects to complete!
Until next time,