The quilting was the fun/challenging part with deciding what to do - both with the leaves and the spaces. I'd seen somewhere (hard to keep track of all the sites/books/magazines I check out) a softer loopy shape within the maple leaves, so I gave that a try. Then in the sashing I did a mix of feathers for the central part with more ordinary leaves on the others.
My Janome 1600QP works so well, with the throat space that is so helpful. I like the versatility of being able to do custom quilting but also try out a pantograph type pattern when I want to as well. It's still a challenge finding a large enough space to sandwich the quilt though - this time it was the tiled floor though at times the table tennis top has proven to be very useful too!
The quilt is for my son's girlfriend who has just arrived in Perth with the hope of working and staying for several months. Since they both worked together in Canada, I thought the maple leaf would be a nice memento for her. It's her birthday on Monday, so that's when we'll see how she likes it.
This is a photo of the backing, which shows the quilting well too.
Now that it's finished I'll have to get busy on the other projects I've set aside for a while. It's satisfying to complete something but makes me itchy to get busy with something new too.
I'm linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict and My Quilt Infatuation
Until next time,