Since it was more free-motion swirls than the Baptist fan it felt easier. It was also a little smaller - mostly dictated by the fact that I'd only bought one metre of the background fabric and it ran out. If I had thought a bit smarter, I could probably have used a plain background at least for the centre, but of course when you're making the blocks you don't necessarily know what's going to go in the centre.
Anyway, here's a closer up of the swirls:
I did some large and some smaller to fit in one half of the bow tie. I also did some orange peel on the wider border. I'm still thinking I may add some ribbon candy to that final cream border. Again, since I was using scraps from my stash, I didn't have enough of that border to complete the whole biding, so I used some on two of the shorter sides and a close complement on the longer sides. Since we have two single beds at our holiday place, I think these two bow ties will sit on those. That is, unless I decide to make yet a third, a little larger and then give this one away. Time will tell.
Here's the back and all that swirly goodness. The photo seems to show as though the needle has made strong indentations, but in reality its quite smooth.
They may have turned out a little more square than round, but it fits on the front at least. And there's always room for improvement.
Until next time,
It's lovely! I love all that dense, swirly quilting :)ReplyDelete
Great quilting on this one! I have a few quilt patterns that I've made more than once. Having one or two that go together quickly is nice...it isn't always the case!ReplyDelete