Wednesday 27 January 2016

Bugs from 2015

I'm celebrating a finish, and one from last year's list, leaving only one to complete from 2015 (other than a couple I didn't quite get to add to that list, now they can just be part of 2016's ever growing number).
I'm calling it bugs as the non plain fabric has cute centipede type insects on it.

I had fun doing just a simple free-motion quilt flower on the plain fabrics - it's a baby quilt to be given away soon, so fancy stuff not really needed and I'm sure it will get lots of machine washing, so staying together is probably more important. 
I love it when a plan comes together and this quilt makes me smile as I look at fabrics I've had for a couple of years or more, but they just came in to suit this quilt. The 'alphabet' edging: 

is a border from a piece that I'm sure to use elsewhere and rather than just keeping it and using it as a whole I realised it fitted just right here. The border and binding also part of the stash for over a year. So, here's to a finish and on to the next one. 

linking up with Quilt Story and One Monthly Goal (Red Letter Quilts)
Until next time,


  1. Oh, that border worked out perfectly! Cute finish! thank you for linking!

    1. Thanks Heidi, looking forward to linking some more.